Thursday 30 April 2020

Castle at Midnight

Castle at Midnight


It was a gloomy night with scary creatures and bugs running around the outside of the haunted castle. It looked cold, damp and dead. The castle was surrounded by crooks and a scarecrow. It was dangerous to go inside but I just had to go in. As I pushed the door it slowly creaked. Inside was black. I could barely see anything. The only thing I could see was the stairs leading up into the darkness. I didn't want to go upstairs but I wanted to solve the mystery. As I walked up slowly, like it was a horror movie, I heard a creak then crack on the second to the last step.....

(What do you think happened next...... leave it in a comment below!)

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kylah. I really enjoyed reading the start to your short story. Can you please write what happens next in another blog post. I like how you described walking up the stairs. Very spooky! I helped with editing by adding in some words to help the reader understand what is happening in your story. I highlighted the words I added in yellow. I also moved an excellent sentence to the beginning of your story. It will help to hook in the reader. Keep up the fabulous writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its very creative you should do more storys there great keep your efort :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylah, my name is Leah, i'm a year 8 from Otaki College,I think this post was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Kylah, you probably know me. I like your story about the Castle at midnight, I like how you use the "It was a gloomy night with scary creatures and bugs running around the outside of the haunted castle"that was really spooky and I wonder what will happen next. does she find a mystery place underneath the stairs or does the ghost or monster get her.
    You should check out My blog
    Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.